Years ago I wrote a post for installing Mac OS Yosemite on Virtual Box. A new version of Mac OS X with code name Sierra has been just published therefore I would like to update my post for installing this new version on Virtual Box with the host of Windows 10.
1. Download pre-installed VirtualBox image from following link.
For mirror 2, use HjSplit to join the files back. It’s about 5GB. HjSplit is also in Google Drive folder.
2. Extract macOS 10.12 Sierra by TechReviews.rar file to a folder, you’ll get a list of these files
3. In VirtualBox, create a new machine with following settings
4. For Hard drive, browse to macOS 10.12 Sierra by TechReviews.rar file which can be found in extract folder before.
5. Click Create. Right click on the new machine and select Settings. Be sure that Floppy Disk is disabled.
6. Set number of processors to the max of real processors you have, it’ll speed up the installation. I have a dual core so I set the number of processors to 2.
7. In Display settings, set Video Memory to max 128MB.
7+. Start your cmd and execute following code. Please adjust the script with your installation path of your VirtualBox and the name of your virtual machine (in my case it is macOS Sierra)
cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\" VBoxManage.exe modifyvm "macOS Sierra" --cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff VBoxManage setextradata "macOS Sierra" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "iMac11,3" VBoxManage setextradata "macOS Sierra" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0" VBoxManage setextradata "macOS Sierra" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Iloveapple" VBoxManage setextradata "macOS Sierra" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc" VBoxManage setextradata "macOS Sierra" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1
8. Start your machine. It will take a while depending on the power of your real CPU and hard disk to set up the installation process.
9. When boot finishes, you should land on the welcome screen for setting up Mac OS X. The following images show my sample settings, you can change them if you want.
10. Create account takes a while. Just wait until you’re forwarded to the login screen.
11. Login with your new created account. You’ll be asked for some more settings before going to the main screen of Mac OS X.
12. Done. Enjoy your hackintosh.