I’m using Qt to develop a software for controlling Canon cameras on Mac OS X. For testing purpose I would like to install EOS Utility on Mac OS X. What makes me suprise is that Canon doesn’t provide link for downloading full EOS Utility but only its updater. If you start the installer, it’ll ask for current installation of EOS Utility. In this post I’ll show how to get full EOS Utility without CD.
1. Search “eos utility download” on search engine and go to Canon website for downloading software.
2. Filter software according to your operating system
3. Download “EOS Utility x.xx.xx.x Updater für Mac OS X”
4. Run installer, drag updater to your desktop.
5. Right click on updater and choose “Show package contents”
6. Go to Contents/Resources, open Info.datx with TextEdit
7. Delete content of Info.datx, the file should be blank after deletion.
8. Now execute the updater from your desktop, you can install full version of EOS Utility.
9. After installation finishes, execute the updater again from your download so that you get your installed version updated.