UPDATE: For Mac OS X Sierra please follow this post How to install Mac OS X Sierra 10.12 on VirtualBox?
Years ago I wrote a post for installing Mac OS X on VirtualBox. At that time, the version of Mac OS X was 10.7.3 Lion. The installation may not work with current version of VirtualBox anymore. Therefore, I would like to make another post for updating this hack. This time, we’ll use VirtualBox 4.3.26 for hosting Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10 in Windows 8.
1. Download pre-installed VirtualBox image from following link
For mirror 3, use HjSplit to join the files back. It’s about 7GB. HjSplit is also in Google Drive folder.
2. Extract Mac OS X Yosemite Niresh Intel and AMD Images.rar file to a folder, you’ll get a list of these files
3. In VirtualBox, create a new machine with following settings
4. For Hard drive, browse to Mac OS X Yosemite Niresh Intel And AMD.vmdk file which can be found in extract folder before.
5. Click Create. Right click on new machine and select Settings. Be sure that Floppy Disk, Enable EFI (special OSes only), Hardware clock in UTC time are disabled.
***Some readers said that maybe the chipset should be PII* to get system works. If your system doesn’t work, try to change chipset to PII*.
6. Set number of processors to the max of real processors you have, it’ll speed up the installation. I have a dual core so I set the number of processors to 2.
7. In Display settings, set Video Memory to max 128MB.
8. Start your machine. On the boot screen, press Space and enter -v to boot in verbose mode like following.
9. It will take a while depending on the power of your real CPU and hard disk to set up the installation process.
10. When boot finishes, you should land on the welcome screen for setting up Mac OS X. The following images show my sample settings, you can change them if you want.
11. Create account takes a while. Just wait until you’re forwarded to the login screen.
12. Login with your new created account. You’ll be asked for some more settings before going to the main screen of Mac OS X.
13. DON’T DO ANYTHING. Just wait until Hackingtosh.zone script finishes his work.
14. The script will notify the progress through pop up on the right. You can fix Mac AppStore during the progress by choosing Fix It.
15. Just wait until you see this message on top left pop up.
16. Then wait for a few minutes to be sure everything of the script has been done. Now close Safari browser opened by Hackingtosh.zone script. Restart the machine.
17. By next time, on boot screen, simple press Enter, log in with your account. It’ll take a while then the machine is ready to use.